JAMB releases 279 UTME results withheld over malpractice investigation

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says it has released 279 unified tertiary matriculation examination (UTME) results that were previously withheld for investigation over alleged examination malpractice.
In a statement on Wednesday, Fabian Benjamin, JAMB’s spokesperson, said the release followed ongoing investigations into cases of suspected malpractice during the 2026 UTME exercise.
Benjamin said some of the withheld results were released after investigations found no prima facie case against the affected candidates.
However, he added that results linked to confirmed cases of examination malpractice had been cancelled.
The JAMB’s spokesperson also said results from centres flagged by the board’s live monitoring team for suspicious activities, or those with adverse reports, remain withheld pending the conclusion of investigations.
He added that such results would be cancelled where sufficient evidence of culpability is established.
He advised candidates whose results are yet to be released to check their status by sending “UTMERESULT” to 55019 or 66019 using the same phone number used during registration.



